New to this

Getting started with the CEN discussion forum.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

kalender171

New to this

Post by kalender171 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:31 am

Hello everyone,

This is Metin from Turkey! Since we have a limited source and understanding of Canine Epilepsy in Turkey, I am here to see and inspect diagnoses, and treatments. I own an international company https://armadagrandee.com and our company has a dog shelter in Turkey, unfortunately, some of our girls and boys (Kangal Breed) have epilepsy and they are mostly 2-3 years old, we have primer and seconder( hope these terms are same in English) cases. I hope I can share their cases, and get further knowledge about the illness.

May all our/your boys and girls be recovered from this illness asap.

SpencerBhumi

Re: New to this

Post by SpencerBhumi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:03 am

Welcome to this site, Metin.

It is good to hear that your company has a dog shelter to care for animals and I am heartened that you are taking the extra time to give additional care to your epileptic dogs.

I hope you are able to gain much useful information from this site to help your dogs. This site has a great wealth of information and experience, and its members are an awesome team of caring individuals who strive to achieve two things: provide great care to their afflicted pets, and provide immeasurable support to one-another.

Sadly, canine epilepsy is not a disease that dogs generally recover from. For many of us it is a life long struggle to control (or at best, reduce the severity of) the disease. So I commend you on taking the interest and concern to care for your epileptic dogs.

I wish you well in your efforts to improve these dog's lives. If you have specific questions, come back and someone (or many) will be happy to help you here.

Regards, Trevor.
In memory of Spencer 7-12-2005 - 22-8-2017