Can Dogs Eat Peas?

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Can Dogs Eat Peas?

Post by DianaMillii » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 am

Can dogs eat peas? as some says dogs can eat peas boiled or cooked , it's very much healthy food. but I read at one of site ... -eat-peas/ that dogs can eat peas but fruits and vegetables aren’t necessary to a dog’s diet and should only be an occasional treat. Well why fruits and vegetables are not very necessary for dogs either they are nutrient enriched.

Re: Can Dogs Eat Peas?

Post by ShilohsMom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 am

I feed my dogs safe fruits and veggies as a nice alternative to processed type treats and don't think that giving them is harmful as long as they're not making up a large part of the dogs diet. My dogs love the skin from cucumber, tomato ends (no stalks or leaves), etc. and I like that I don't have to throw them away.
Colleen, Rylie, Sophie & angels Izzie & Shiloh
DOB: 11/11/05
First seizure: 07/28//10
Last seizure: 06/27/16

Post by Urs-the-nurse » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Yes, dogs can eat peas and it's in a lot of commercial dog food and treats, however, it's one of Ursa's seizure triggers (we're convinced she's allergic to peas) so we stopped feeding her anything pea.
Our girls are RAW/homemade fed and love all kinds of safe fruits and veggies - in moderation. Tomorrow we're baking zucchini loafs and what's left of the zucchini, I blanch for the girls to give with their meals.

Post by mussoli » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Yes peas can be added to the dog's food, frozen or thawed. Peas are the good source of B vitamin thiamine, phosphorus and potassium.