CEN

CEN

Canine Epilepsy Network

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Farewell
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:28 am 

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the death of Spencer.

Taraikha Charles StLedger 07-12-2005 – 22-8-2017

Spencer was four months short of 12 years old and endured over seven years with epilepsy. His quality of life had declined significantly this year, particularly after the death of his mother, Bhumi, in January. His death was sudden and unexpected but peaceful in the care of his vet.

I believe Bhumi & Spencer came into my life for a reason. My life with my dogs did not go as I had dreamed, and Spencer’s life did not go as any dog deserves. We did however press on and enjoy our time together the best way possible: We loved the beach and parks. We travelled the country-side and camped. We curled up in front of the fire-place in winter and found the shade of trees with the spray of garden sprinklers in summer. I learnt to bake our own treats and we lived healthily. Sadly I could not take my dogs to work and retirement is still a dream, but we enjoyed life together.

My dogs taught me about faithfulness and unconditional love.

Canine epilepsy taught me about perseverance, patience and care.

Spencer is now set free over Rainbow Bridge and, I believe, ultimately into the care of our God’s perfect love.

I would like to thank all of the members here on this forum for your good ideas, your good counsel, and your wonderful support. You are an amazing group of caring people – who care for your dogs under great duress, and who care for one-another – to help us all get through this awful disease.

Dear members and visitors to this forum,

I wish you all the best (the best of health, the best of times, the best of treatments, the best of love with your faithful dogs, the best of one-another’s good care and the best of God's amazing love to us all). Whilst I wish to walk away from this moment and forget its grief, I hope to come back to this forum and give my best care to you all.

Be patient with your dogs and continue to love them unconditionally, as best you are able.

Grateful for the good days.
Trevor.

Post subject: Re: Farewell
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:26 am 

My dear friend Trevor,
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've said so many times that I believe with all of my heart that the universe sends these incredibly special dogs to exactly the right people to help them find their way. It has never been more true than when Spencer found you.
My heart is broken for you.
Take care my friend.
With deepest sympathy.
Lynne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:42 pm 

I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know what's worse: knowing their time is near or being shocked at them leaving so unexpectedly. Either way, the void in our hearts can never be filled by anything else.

Sleep softly sweet Spencer, your Dad will miss you terribly.

Vivian

Last seizure 3/24/2014
Last seizure 9/4/2009

Aug 17, 2004- Sept. 22, 2009
May the shamrocks fall softly sweetpea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:38 pm 

Oh my gosh, I"m so sorry to hear of Spencer's passing. There is something very special about having an epi baby and the bond that's created out of desperation to make their lives happy and normal can't be explained. You were such a wonderful dad and gave Spencer a beautiful full life. May those memories carry you through until you meet again. My prayers are with you.

Last seizure: 06/27/16