3 months seizure free!!!

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

CooperDuke

3 months seizure free!!!

Post by CooperDuke » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:24 am

On one hand I'm so excited to be writing this, on the other also scared I'm jinxing the seizure free journey we are on. Cooper has been seizure free since 6/8/2018!!! This is the longest he has gone, along with NO emergency room visits.

He still takes 18 (yes that is eighteen) pills a day but hopefully we have found the right "cocktail" for his gentle system. :)

SpencerBhumi

Re: 3 months seizure free!!!

Post by SpencerBhumi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Hello Karen,

This is great news! Any run of seizure free time is exciting and encouraging.
Nearly two years of hard work, juggling medicines, so hopefully you are reaching a good point in Cooper's welfare.

Jinxing... enjoy your good run. There is no jinx with this disease - it just sucks! When I got to these long runs I had to watch myself that I did not become overconfident and complacent in Spencer's care as that is when he'd steal the cat food or access some other suspected trigger and we'd be back to the start.

Enjoy your good time and give Cooper lots of love.

Regards,
Trevor.
In memory of Spencer 7-12-2005 - 22-8-2017

jaragr

Post by jaragr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Funny you would mention "trigger". We had our dog on aspirin everyday for arthritis. He's have a seizure every 2 weeks. We took him completely off of the aspirin and now he goes about 10 weeks. We've tried everything we can think of. No drugs though. Now we're trying CBD oil and waiting to see how the next one is. It's been 3 weeks since the last two.

Scrannel

Post by Scrannel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Congratulations! Hell, I haven't heard of anyone taking 18 pills a day since the '60s!

Strelok_401

Post by Strelok_401 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 am

Well, my mother-in-law takes 20 of them a day... but then, she has always had a terrible health and has derived from this a nasty tendency to overmedicate herself... But that's not the point.
I've seen CBD oil being recommended quite often in this forum since I've discovered it recently, does it help during grand mal? I could be interesting in trying it out, if it helps for my dog's situation, and if it is legal where I live, something I still have to check.

Anyways, congratulations to you and your dog for reaching this milestone, I hope that you'll go past more and more of them as time goes!