Good news.

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

kims_ark

Good news.

Post by kims_ark » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi all,

I'm still new here so to bring everyone up to date I have a 9 week old Shep/Border Collie cross that began having seizures the day after we brought her home.

So far she's had 2 CBCs, Bile Acid-Pre&Post run and all have come back normal. Today we got the results of the Toxoplasmosis back and that's negative as well. Now all we're waiting for is the results of the Neosporia which we should get back in a couple more days. We should aslo hear back on the consultation our vet has scheduled with the Neurologist as well.

So, one more test down and I don't know how many more left to go.

Just wanted to share the good news.

Kim

Ps. Wow, I'm really impressed with myself that I actually know how to spell all that stuff AND know what it means. I guess I'm learning fast. LOL

MK's mom

Post by MK's mom » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 pm

HI Kim,

Has your vet done a full thyroid panel yet? That's usually one of the first test they run when a dog starts to seize.

teehee, you'll learn more about epilepsy than you ever wanted to know!!!!

Vivian
Nathan
3.5 yo Irish Setter boy
First seizure 7/26/2013
Last seizure 3/24/2014
Last seizure 9/4/2009

Aug 17, 2004- Sept. 22, 2009
May the shamrocks fall softly sweetpea

kims_ark

Post by kims_ark » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi again Vivian,

How are you today?

No she hasn't run that yet but i'm sure it will come up, if not I was going to mention it to her (see I've been doing my homework LOL). Do you really think that could be a problem in a puppy so young?

Misty's had an awesome day today. It's great seeing her acting and playing like a "normal" puppy. She's spending more time awake and is interacting with our other 4 dogs more and more. Now if we could just get her through the land shark (all teeth) stage that she's in we'll be doing great.

Kim & Misty

Ps. No seizures since Saturday -- not a record yet but getting there.