Peanut's last seizure

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

richmauer

Peanut's last seizure

Post by richmauer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:13 am

My little Peanut just had her bout with the monster. It's been 41 days since her last seizure. She usually has 5-10 seizures in a 36 hr period and then a horrible post-ictal, but this time it was only 3 seizures and a mild post-ictal!

The only things we changed are:
Ice cream regularly at night to raise sugar and temps.
Ice packs after first seizure and continuing a number of times over that 36 hr period.
We switched her diet to no wheat, soy, & dairy. (still working on this)

It seems to have made a difference. Thanks to this board because I wouldn't have know about any of the above.

Richard
Precious Peanut in doggie heaven 6/25/10 - 10 years old
English Cocker female 10 y/o "Sundae"
Shiatzu Male 10 y/o "Casey"

adajadesmom

Post by adajadesmom » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:03 am

Hi Rich!
I'm sorry she went through another bout but am glad to here it was much milder than "normal".
It still amazes me the things that can have an effect on this "monster". Good for you at trying different things and I hope the good differences continue!

Dylans Dad

Post by Dylans Dad » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:14 am

my vet thought I wasa little off when I told him about the ice creamm an d ice packs, but tough, they work for Dylan
Wags & Slurps
Debby & Dylan
6 yr old Border collie
1st aug 7 2006
last 7-18-08
375 MG kbr twice a day
1 47.5 pb twice a day

bajaluna

Post by bajaluna » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi Richard Isorryabout your episode,Iswitched shamus to that diet too and we are 4 days short of a month the longest time ever
xxx

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:59 am

Orkney, Scotland

Sorry to hear of the return match. "Netiquette" prevents me from stating my exact opinion of this affliction! My Snorri's success MAY have something to do with his diet (I'm not sure that diet has much effect on Snorri), but, in case it's of interest, he gets plain, raw minced (ground) beef with a few pieces of kibble and a vitamin supplement tablet (SA37). Never, ever, anything out of a can (he thinks that stuff is beneath contempt, anyway). The pure meat diet cleared up his awful halitosis (the smell came out in his coat, as well!) at about the time of his last seizure, so it may have brought that about, too. Right now, the whole regime seems to be successful, so, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

Oh yes - 2 x 15 mg phenobarb per day

Dougie
If it's not a Border Collie, it's just another dog!