I did NOT want another dog

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

claires friend

I did NOT want another dog

Post by claires friend » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:46 am

I certainly did NOT want a puppy. And I really, really did NOT want a puppy with uncontrollable seizures. But that is what life handed to me. At this point there is no way I can adopt her out to anyone else. I would never trust anyone else to take care of all her needs. So I guess she is mine, welcome to the family little Morgan! I have learned so much from this girl in the past months, about me, about life and even about God. I can only hope that someday will will both know a little peace before we have to move on. You have all been such great support to me, thank you once again!!!
Susan Marie
Morgan -Foster Golden, now ours FOREVER !!
First seizure Aug 16, 2006 @9 months old ,very low thyroid
She has been with me since the end of July 07
150mg PB BID
.5 soloxine BID
400 Kbr BID

adajadesmom

Post by adajadesmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:05 am

Well, we certainly wanted Ada, but I can relate to not wanting the disease that goes with her. I wouldn't give her up for anything though. After being abused, you can see the trust and love in her eyes for us and know that it's all new to her. We're so happy we can provide her with that comfort.

I'm glad you've come to love Morgan so much that you wouldn't trust her to anyone else. That in itself means something. Good luck with her and give her a hug for me.

Carolyn

Life

Post by Carolyn » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:50 am

Morgan is lucky to have you Susan. I often think how my life was before Kiya's seizures began, how much easyier every thing was. But I wouldn't trade my girl for anything in the world. She has taught me so much, and I think I love her more because of what the poor girl has gone thru in her short little life. Hopefully you will gain control of her siezures quickly and have a wonderfull FULL life together.
Carolyn
Kiya 11yr Shiloh Shepherd
PB 60mg am 90mg pm, 1teas kbr 1200mg, turmeric paste
1000mg milkthistle bid
First seizure 11/27/05
Last seizure 5/21/15

jack's mom

Post by jack's mom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:57 am

Susan, i know exactly how you feel. I am a worrier by nature and have never ever done well with medical emergencies and that's putting it very lightly. But i think a higher power must have sent him to me because i must have some life lessons to learn and because jack needed to be loved by people that would accept him for the way he is and never abandon him. Its tough and its a struggle to remain calm and keep the panic away.
Jody
4 years old AM bulldog
June 07 - 1st seizure
PB 150mgs 2X a day
Soloxine, KBr, Zonisamide 250mg 2X a day

claires friend

Post by claires friend » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Morgan went through 6 homes before coming to me at 14 months old. Enough is enough. No other rescue groups would take her. My other girls are 10 and 14 years old, I am hoping someday Morgan will save me from the grief of loosing them, I am one of those people who believe that everything happens for reason.
Susan Marie
Morgan -Foster Golden, now ours FOREVER !!
First seizure Aug 16, 2006 @9 months old ,very low thyroid
She has been with me since the end of July 07
150mg PB BID
.5 soloxine BID
400 Kbr BID

MTM

Post by MTM » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:59 pm

I am with you, Jody ;) Emergencies are the worst! Somehow I blindly get through the emergency part but as soon as the worst has passed, I am on the floor beside myself. Life with epis is tough but they are such amazing creatures. I believe pups are as close to pure innocence as we will ever know. I am truly in awe when I think about their capacity for love and trust... their intelligence and understanding. They are beautiful animals.
~Marie
Epi:
Murfy -forever free but forever missed <3
Toby -74 lbs, 8.5 yrs old, black lab mix
Meds:
258 mg Phb, .9 mg Thyrosyn and 300 mg Zonisamide BID. Also 575 mg NaBr daily.

skrpio

Post by skrpio » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:09 am

We have been given these dogs for a reason that one day will be explained to us. For the time which we have them and for some of us it was brief we learn so much about ourselves. The strength we gain in learning to fight for these precious friends, the companionship we gain not only from them but from our friends here that we will never meet but are in the same predicament and who understand. I know that KiKi came to me in a time I desperately need someone to love and care for. I did not realize that the caring would be quite so hard. And I never knew that the parting would be so very devestating and I still miss her.
Jane
In loving memory of my special KiKi Bean
Seizure free forever now
Nov 25th 2002 - Nov 1st 2006
Dogue De Bordeaux