Hopefully some success

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

mgklly

Hopefully some success

Post by mgklly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:34 am

We are hoping that what we are seeing in Buzz is some form of success. We have been through many med increases and added KBr to the mix and still months with no improvement.
But now since increasing his KBr a little over a month ago we are seeing changes in him. He has not had a grand mal seizure in over three weeks when his longest streak was always barely two weeks, usually weekly. He has increased focal/partial seizures and twice now has laid down on the floor and almost gone into a grand mal but did not. These partial seizures only last about half an hour where he will act like he has peanut butter stuck to the roof of his mouth and shake his head, some are more severe than others, some just seem to annoy him more than anything.
Has anyone else seen this where grand mals lessen but partials increase? We are waiting a couple more weeks to see what happens before deciding whether to tweak his meds a little more or not since the KBr takes 6 to 12 weeks to be stable.
I posted this here as we think it is a success of some kind.
Buzz
Gone but never forgotten
Dec 28/06 to Oct 27/08

claires friend

Post by claires friend » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:21 am

That is exactly what happened to us, but now Grand Mals are back too (after giving Heartworm meds back in April)
Susan Marie
Morgan -Foster Golden, now ours FOREVER !!
First seizure Aug 16, 2006 @9 months old ,very low thyroid
She has been with me since the end of July 07
150mg PB BID
.5 soloxine BID
400 Kbr BID

mgklly

Post by mgklly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:33 am

I am sorry to hear that the grand mals are back but I have read that many other people are having the same problem after giving heartwrom meds. Hopefully they go away again for you.
Buzz
Gone but never forgotten
Dec 28/06 to Oct 27/08

scott

Post by scott » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation. We just had our 3 year anniversary of seizures. After 35 the 1st year we cut it to 16 last calander year and 12 so far this one. Last year he seemed to have a lot of focal sezures and seemed to go longer before a grand mal. This year I dont see the focal seizures but we are on about the same pace of grand mals. Its has also been about a year and a half since a cluster.

I have had to tweak the meds over the years and have had levels checked. Nobody knows when a seizure is going to happen big or small. I use to get really stressed but now I remain calm and deal with it. In a way I think it helps.
Lucky - 9yr old American bulldog
85 lbs
1st seizure Aug. 06
KBr 9ml 1x a day
PB 200mg am. 200mg pm.