Silence is Golden

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Apache

Silence is Golden

Post by Apache » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:01 am

For a couple of weeks, I've been wanting to mention how quiet it's been around here. However, I didn't want to jinx anything, as sometimes, no news is good news.

Just want to say that everything is okay on this front (I'm touching wood here), and that I hope everyone and their beloved pets are doing very well.

We may go camping next week for a couple of days. We're just going to keep monitoring Apache very closely.

Brian

MK's mom

Re: Silence is Golden

Post by MK's mom » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:30 am

Go camping with Apache and have fun!!! You can't let his seizures stop him/you from enjoying life, just take everything he needs along with you and find the number to an emergency vet or a regular vet (at the very least) just in case. Hopefully you won't need a vet, but it's better to have a number to one in the event Apache has problems. All HE needs is his food, water and medication then he's good to go and will love being able to sniff all the strange smells around the camp area.

Vivian
Nathan
3.5 yo Irish Setter boy
First seizure 7/26/2013
Last seizure 3/24/2014
Last seizure 9/4/2009

Aug 17, 2004- Sept. 22, 2009
May the shamrocks fall softly sweetpea

richmauer

Re: Silence is Golden

Post by richmauer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:22 am

You're right, it has been eerily silent. In fact, since Peanut passed. I was wondering if there was some "moment of silence" connection. Now that some time has passed, I brought my 2 other non-epi dogs to the vet and she feels Peanut had a seizure which may have caused a stroke. I must say it was a seizure, the magnitude which I had never seen before. Bear in mind, I must have witness nearly 500 seizures in her lifetime. Although, I feel I did everything I could have, make sure you always have an ample supply of valium. I gave her the proper dose, but it didn't help her this time.
Anyway, my other 2 pups were also devastated by her loss and are just now seeming to return to normal.
Precious Peanut in doggie heaven 6/25/10 - 10 years old
English Cocker female 10 y/o "Sundae"
Shiatzu Male 10 y/o "Casey"