2 dogs with long time Seizure free

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Tinkerbell

2 dogs with long time Seizure free

Post by Tinkerbell » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:15 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that two of my dogs are now a long time seizure free.
My first Epi is now 3,5 years free, after we give her homeopatic remedy and we feed her raw (gluten and granes free) (Last seizure 21 august 2007)
And my third Epi, her seizures were increasing at first, first 7 months between, than 6 and the last seizures were only 5 months in between. I started a long while ago the treatment for a mitochondrial disorder and now she is 1 year and 3 months seizure free (last seizure 19 november 2009)
My second Epi, we are still puzzle with her, she was going backwards in fall, but now she seems to be doing better. This summer she had one in the 6 weeks, in oktober unfortunately she had 5 seizures, november she had her first cluster since 6 months again. December she had 4 seizures and January she had 2 seizures (Last seizure was 19th of Januari 2011)

Tinkerbell

Re: 2 dogs with long time Seizure free

Post by Tinkerbell » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:36 pm

My second epi Pru seems to be on track again. It is half a year ago, that she had 6 weeks between the seizures. Today after almost six weeks (2 days to go) she had a seizure. Now hoping that she does'nt get a second seizure.

Apache

Post by Apache » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi, Jacqueline,

Sorry to hear that Pru had a seizure after almost 6 weeks of not experiencing any. I hope to once again reach that milestone. As of last night, our count begins at 1 once again.

Is Pru strictly on homeopathic remedies like your first epileptic dog? Curious.

Brian

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 am

Hi Brian,

Thank you. But I think for Pru it is with 6 weeks in between a good time. That is the best she can get. She always had 6 seizures a month or just in one cluster. So we are so glad that there are 6 weeks in between.

Pru is on Glonoinum D30 in winter and in Summer on Glonoinum C30 with Chinese herbs, in Winter one chinese herb and in summer she does get an extra chinese herb for cooling down.
For the rest does she get Mutli Vitamines, Q10, Taurin/Carnitin to help her metabolisme (She has a metabolic desease) and heartmeds to help her heart (who is affected by this desease and brains (who are affected too) So she does get more oxigine in her brain too.

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Unfortunately after 2 days again a seizure

Apache

Post by Apache » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear that Pru had another seizure. Hopefully it's just a minor bump in the road and that she gets back on track again. Any idea what may have triggered it?

Brian

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Thank you Brian, She does get series, in between she has all days headache. The first one got triggerd by that she could not cool down (that was my feeling)