free medication

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Helena

free medication

Post by Helena » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:40 am

Hi,

Our little lad died in November 2010, it is still very raw. We have quite a bit of medication left that may help someone with the cost of their pills and potions.

There is the following:- 67 Keppra 500mg, 6 rectal Diazepan 10mg, 5 rectal Diazepan 5mg, 138 pheno 30mg and 24 KBR 250mg.

We don't want any money for them, just p&p.

If interested leave me a message. We offered them to the PDSA. They refused them because they were already dispensed by our own vet.

We live in England, so it may be better for someone in the same country

Helena
Jake, Patterdale Terrier
15.03.07 - 24.11.10

SEN

Re: free medication

Post by SEN » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:01 pm

A word of caution: I don't know the laws of England, but it is illegal to distribute (give away or sell) controlled drugs like diazepam and PhenoB.

In Canada, you would be charged with trafficking if you were caught. I believe the laws are even stricter in the USA.

Cuillin

Re: free medication

Post by Cuillin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:03 am

Hi Helena,

So sorry to hear about Jake - it's understandable that it still hurts but I hope you start to feel some peace soon.

I know you made your offer for all the right reasons but SEN is right - you can't pass these drugs on in the UK. If your vet won't take them back - which he should - then it would be best for you to destroy them yourself or hand them into a pharmacist to avoid them getting into the wrong hands. I understand you just want to help someone who might be struggling with their medication bills but you're putting yourself at risk of criminal charges. (Maybe it would be wise to ask a moderator to remove your initial post?)

Take care,

Clare