Odd but successfull treatment

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Libbarian

Odd but successfull treatment

Post by Libbarian » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:12 pm

I am thrilled to say that my English Shepherd Tessa is now 5 months seizure free. Her last seizures were so violent and hard on her that I almost put her down. She had over 21 seizures in 2 days....My vet and I now have her on twice a day phenobarb in what seems a very high dose, and I was worried about her liver and her subsequent weight gain. We tested her and found the high dose was OK so far on her liver, so then I tackled her weight gain. I created a fish glop mix of sweet potatoes, potatoes, yams, squash, zucchini and any lower fat white fish that is cheap, and then I add a little vitamin E to the mix. It helped with the pounds and she loves it. I'm sure it would be healthy for me too, but I can't make myself try it. I'm not recommending this for all dogs, and I do also give her a lamb and rice or chicken and rice high end dry food. I'm unsure really whether the diet or the extra phenobarb has made the difference, but I'm not about to mess with a good thing!

Janet Woods

Post by Janet Woods » Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:01 pm

Hi
That is good news!!!!!!
Keep up the faith!!!
Janet & Valentine

stacie

Post by stacie » Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:52 pm

Congratulations. What i would not give for the same success. I just went through 16 seizures in 50 hours, then 2 1/2 wks later, 7 seizures in 36 hours. Lots of med's, and all natural baked kibble is the diet....

thanks for the hope though...

Soledad Nore�a

Success Stories

Post by Soledad Nore�a » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:44 am

It is wonderful to hear your success with the natural diet, my little Yorky has been suffering of frequent seizures and I can say that since I stopped to feed him dry dog food and I cooked an special diet for him it is two months since he had the last seizure. Thank you for the good news.
I have a Yorky suffering of epilepsy seizures, any help would be appreciated.