One year seizure free

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

hall2639

One year seizure free

Post by hall2639 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:32 pm

On Dec. 25th it'll be one year since my 5 year old beagle "Bubba" has had any seizures. He had only started having them the year before last, but that was a doozy. He had 42 grand mal seizures in 2001. By September 2001 he was up to almost 500mg of PB a day. The vet went from thinking this was classic epilepsy to probably having something progressive. I had read alot on this posting board and had gotten alot of useful info. I knew "Bubba" had flea bite allergy and after reading some things other people have wrote about food allergies and such, I decided to put him on a natural "no preservatives" dog food that has no corn. I had heard that corn in a big allergy thing for dogs (I don't know for certain). That is the only thing that has changed. I find it hard to believe that it was this simple but I don't know. I'd be interested in hearing what someone else thinks. The vet is baffled. He slowly tapered Bubba off his meds, he's been completely PB free for 2 months. I wish everyone could have the same outcome as I did. Of course, there's still a part of me that sleeps with one eye open. Good Luck.