28 Days!!

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

cforecatsmeow

Re: 28 Days!!

Post by cforecatsmeow » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 pm

You're so lucky to be able to take him to work. That would take such a load off of me when things aren't going so well. I have a neighbor that looks in on him but I commute so it's not like I can be here in 5 minutes. At least I have someone to check in. The only thing left for us to do is focus on the positive and the did have a nice long break which is always promising. I think sometimes they are just going to have their issues. Sometimes I think we need to let it run it's course unless they become too frequent and let their brains even out on their own and not be so immediate to change medication. I have come to the realization that Winston is going to have seizures, period. The bonus is if he doesn't have a ton in a row. Like you say, it really is relative and is different from dog to dog. Hope your day is going okay.
Cynthia and Epi-Winston
Black Mouth Cur Mix
DOB: 8/2/10
96 lbs.
First Seizure 6/11/13
Last Seizure 1/2/15
Phenobarbital 97.2 bid
Keppra (generic) 937.5 bid, 1125 sid
10 mg Valium tabs as needed
Liquid Oral Valium 5mg/5ml for rectal as needed

ShilohsMom

Post by ShilohsMom » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Cynthia, like you, I'm at the point where I don't think Shiloh will ever not have them. He just had his third one since last night about an hour ago. While it's great having him at work, it's also really stressful. The post-ictal is bad cause he's pacing around my office, trying to chew on power cords, my chair, and any thing else he can eat. I've taken him on walks and gave him some apple, but that just hasn't done the trick. Think I'll just leave and go home.

This disease just sucks and it breaks my heart to watch him go through this and know that there are so many others that go through this as well. OK, I'm going to stop feeling sorry for myself and start counting my blessings because I know it can be so much worse and I have a LOT to be thankful for.
Colleen, Rylie, Sophie & angels Izzie & Shiloh
DOB: 11/11/05
First seizure: 07/28//10
Last seizure: 06/27/16

cforecatsmeow

Post by cforecatsmeow » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm sorry he is on No. 3. Winston's post-ictal gets worse with each seizure and then he drives me crazy too. Go home, try and get him settled if that's possible, and take care of yourself too. I know it's disappointing and there is nothing wrong with getting down about it, I surely do. No matter how many times I go through it, I still hit the point where it gets a little overwhelming and I usually cry though I don't lay on him and cry anymore because I think it's bad for him :) There is still a lot of be thankful for in the big picture but it still doesn't change the insanity of the present. I am the same as you. It mostly breaks my heart for Winston and then I just get angry about it ;) Keep me posted. Hoping you can get him to a calm state and get some rest.
Cynthia and Epi-Winston
Black Mouth Cur Mix
DOB: 8/2/10
96 lbs.
First Seizure 6/11/13
Last Seizure 1/2/15
Phenobarbital 97.2 bid
Keppra (generic) 937.5 bid, 1125 sid
10 mg Valium tabs as needed
Liquid Oral Valium 5mg/5ml for rectal as needed