Xander's successful 4 weeks

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Xandersmom86

Xander's successful 4 weeks

Post by Xandersmom86 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Xander had a seizure on tuesday morning. It's first one since July 14th. Most people would freak out about a cluster. I actually take it as a sign of success. This was the first time in the past four months where I didn't witness him having a cluster on an every one week to two week basis. The seizures before came like clock work and they started to take a huge emotional toll on me. Because it's been almost a month, I am staying optimistic that his medications are working.
Xander
Siberian Husky
1000 MG keppra xr 3x day
200 MG zonasimide 2x day

Eley's Mom

Re: Xander's successful 4 weeks

Post by Eley's Mom » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Wonderful news you got a bit of a break :)
Hopefully he can stay on this trend!
Diana & Eley
Boston Terrier (23 lbs)
DOB: 11/12/09
First Seizure 2/8/14
Last Seizure 10/9/16
Phenobarbital 48.6mg (morning), 56.7mg p.m. (night)
3 mL Potasium Bromide, once daily
Clorazepate as needed after seizures

ShilohsMom

Post by ShilohsMom » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:16 am

Good news on Xander! We have to find our victories where we can that's for sure.
Colleen, Rylie, Sophie & angels Izzie & Shiloh
DOB: 11/11/05
First seizure: 07/28//10
Last seizure: 06/27/16

Bettyo0ja

Post by Bettyo0ja » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Great news. That's a give back for your care.:) and the situation will be better.

Terrifinch

Post by Terrifinch » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:04 pm

So happy to hear of the improvements! Can you tell me how you define clusters? I am asking because my boy has what I thought was one seizure that lasted 3 to 4 hours. Maybe they are clusters? What about my boy possibly having clusters when I am not home to help whether I would rush him to the vet or administer the diazepam suppository?! I am so terrified that he will seize when he's alone!
Please help as I can't sleep😥

Gentle Jacob's mom

Post by Gentle Jacob's mom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:41 am

Is there anyone, a neighbor or friend that can stop in during the day to check in? Or, if you can afford it, hire someone to do it. Maybe find someone trustworthy through your vet or word of mouth.
Some owners have prepared a room just for their dogs with padded rugs and with all things removed that could injure them during a seizure.
We weren't able to do any of these things because if Jake doesn't get rectal valium as soon as he seizes he will continue. I quit my job to stay home with him. Nope, we couldn't afford it, but here we are. Doggie daycare for him (he's refractory) was more than I would have made to cover it.
I now work from home making/saving money any way I can.
Lynne