Four weeks seizure free!

Share your good news!

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

jenxhart

Four weeks seizure free!

Post by jenxhart » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:34 pm

It's the small hurdles that make us happy now. Baxter had his first seizure April 17, 2015. It's been a rollercoaster; at one point we thought we had lost him. He had a multiple seizures that lasted over an hour. He spent the next week not able to lift his head. I cried for days. But, he recovered!

We then added Potassium Bromide to his regimen (which includes pheno, keppra, and zonisamide) and he spent another week completely limp because it was a "loading dose."

He then went 11 weeks without a seizure. I got overly confident and, with the ok from my vet, we took him off Keppra. No good. He went back to frequent seizing, sometimes just one, sometimes clustering.

We now have him back on all four and he's doing great! Four weeks seizure free. Fingers crossed.

Jennifer and Baxter (3 year old Pembroke)

Lenore

Re: Four weeks seizure free!

Post by Lenore » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:34 am

Best of luck to you. I hope for your continued success.

jenxhart

Re: Four weeks seizure free!

Post by jenxhart » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Unfortunately, he had a cluster at 5 1/2 weeks. 5 in a row. Amazingly, he recovers fairly quickly. He seems to "wake up" when we get in the car to drive him to the emergency room. This time we got all the way there and decided to turn around and go home, and save the $200-300. I then took him to his regular vet when they opened and had him evaluated for half a day. He was fine. A little wobbly but in good spirits and his normal self.