CEN

CEN

Canine Epilepsy Network

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Lost my Lola
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:54 am 

For many of you, you have followed me and my journey with Lola. Her epilepsy got a hold of her and wouldn't let go, she lost her battle 2 days before her third birthday. I fought with her as she was my strength and i was her biggest fan, she is my hero. She started seizing and had 23 seizures in 10 hours, her body just wore out and couldn't take anymore. My heart is broken in a way I never thought possible. I want to thank everyone for the support and love for Lola and myself. Thank you. I love you all and all your fur babies. My screen name was Brittneyallen but i got locked out for anyone who wants to read ny past posts for any type of insight on Lolas experience.

Post subject: Re: Lost my Lola
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:47 pm 

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough to lose an epi baby but when it's from a cluster/status it seems to be that much harder because it really makes us feel all the more helpless and angry over this stupid disease. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Last seizure: 06/27/16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 am 

Brittney I'm so sorry to hear about Lola. You went through so much to give her a good life and she fought so hard to stay with you. Losing our sweethearts is hard enough, losing them to status is heartbreaking beyond words. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that she doesn't have to fight it anymore. I know it's not much compared to your grief, but I do hope it helps to get you through. There's no sense to this disease, but I have to believe that just by our sweet dogs being here with us, what the vets learn from each one will help save the next.
Please take care and be kind to yourself.
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 am 

Hi, Brittany,

I am so sorry for your loss, I know you're heartbroken, can feel it through the screen. Remember losing a beloved pet is akin to losing a child, so be kind, easy on you and your family. I know your grief is immeasurable, I wish there was something I could say to comfort you and your family. It's not easy at all when you have no choice but to say goodbye, especially after status seizures, in any case, it is awful. 23 seizures in 10 hours is horrible, the most mine had was 14 in that time and that about tore me apart. I can only imagine .....oh my, I am so sorry you, Lola and your family had to go through this horrible disease.

I did follow your story and Lola and had been praying for her as well. I know you (and I hope you know) did everything you could for her the best you could and never stopped loving her. Sometimes, it is not how long the journey, but what we do between that matters most. You were there for her throughout, love her and did the best you could. That is what she needed you to do. You have to know you did right by her the best you could. This disease isn't kind to anyone....somehow, may you and you family be comforted by everyone's support here. Perhaps in time, in your time, your good memories with her outweigh the awful, and somehow you find some comfort in that now, she's free from her disease. The love stays with you...I promise you that, which believe it or not, does help you bit by bit as you heal your hearts. Much love and light to you and your family as you grieve the loss of your loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
-Light

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 am 

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm really struggling but i know I'll get through it. Lola was the happiest dog I have ever seen and so sweet, she wouldnt even bark at the door bell haha. We will get through it and thank you for your support. Xoxo RIP Lola Buggie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 am 

Hi BrittneyAllen.

I am sorry to hear of your loss.
You worked so hard to care for Lola. Take comfort in knowing that you did all you could to provide the best life for her.
Despite your best efforts to keep her well, she was taken away. Keep your fond memories safe and let time take away your anguish.

Thinking of you,
Trevor.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:48 pm 

Thank you so much. A friend of mine had all the pictures I had sent her of Lola via text or Facebook and had a blanket made for me, its so beautiful and i broke down when she gave it to me. Lola was my everything and this disease is just terrible. Thank you all so much for being our support system countless nights I turned to this forum to help us through her clustering or just her bad days. I wish you all the best and feel free to reach out with questions or if anyone needs advice. I experienced a lot with Lola, she taught me so much. Again...from the bottom of my heart...thank you.