New here

Share your story, questions, concerns.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

claires friend

New here

Post by claires friend » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:35 am

And I have tons of questions, but will try hard not to hog the forum. First ,let me say, all of you who are dealing with seizure dogs are truly angels. I have been in rescue for almost 20 years and done over 300 rescues. This is my first seizure dog and it by far the hardest thing yet.I am able to bring Morgan out of her seizures by covering her eyes. I know my vet thinks I am crazy but it really works for her. I was just wondering if any body else has ever done this too?? I don't even get a chance to time the seizure because she stops within seconds of me covering her eyes. Luckily I have been right there when her 3 seizures happened.
Susan Marie
Morgan -Foster Golden, now ours FOREVER !!
First seizure Aug 16, 2006 @9 months old ,very low thyroid
She has been with me since the end of July 07
150mg PB BID
.5 soloxine BID
400 Kbr BID

skrpio

Post by skrpio » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:23 am

Hi there
It sounds like some sort of occular compression that is mentioned in the epi-guardian angels site. Do you put pressure on the eyes?
Sometimes strange things work for some dogs and for others it does nothing.
I see she is one soloxine for low thyroid - how long is the course of treatment? This may stop the seizures - here's hoping.
I think vets think we are all crazy with some of the odd things we do - but hey if it works , then good. Vets also say vaccinations and flea/tick/heartworm treatments do not cause seizures but we all know different.
Jane
In loving memory of my special KiKi Bean
Seizure free forever now
Nov 25th 2002 - Nov 1st 2006
Dogue De Bordeaux

Dylans Dad

Post by Dylans Dad » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:12 pm

sorry you have joined us. my vet thinks I`m nuts cuz I use an ice pack on Dylans back and that stops his real fast.
there are alot of helpful people here. or if you just need to vent we are here.
Wags & Slurps
Debby & Dylan
6 yr old Border collie
1st aug 7 2006
last 7-18-08
375 MG kbr twice a day
1 47.5 pb twice a day

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:54 am

DELETED