TJ

Share your story, questions, concerns.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Bethelonia

TJ

Post by Bethelonia » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:15 pm

Today is the day TJ passed on.

I decided I didn't want her to go through any more seizures. I had planned to wait until the next cluster but that seemed cruel. Her life had gotten too sad, she was just too tired, she is at peace now.

Letting her go is very hard. I know it was the right thing though.

I stayed while my vet gave her a sedative. She was very relaxed, calm, knew she was loved. She always liked going to the vet. After she dozed off I left, before he gave her the second injection. I didn't want to see her die.

Thanks to everyone here for your help and support.

I am very sad but I think eventually I'll be okay.

Beth

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Bethelonia on Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TJ: JRT born on 9-11-01. Genetic neuro disorders including seizures, first one at 5 mo., after that many clusters, may she Rest In Peace, PTS on 12/31/07.
KC: 8 mo. golden lab/terrier who is lost without her best buddy.

skrpio

Post by skrpio » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:11 pm

Beth
I am so sorry that you had to make this decision. No matter how many times we learn of this it is still heart wrenching to us.
Everyone knows you gave TJ a good and loving home and that you did the very best for her.
She is with all the others from this site at the Rainbow Bridge and at peace now.
My thoughts are with you.
Jane
Jane
In loving memory of my special KiKi Bean
Seizure free forever now
Nov 25th 2002 - Nov 1st 2006
Dogue De Bordeaux

High_Voltage_Head

Post by High_Voltage_Head » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:40 pm

Oh that's sad, i'm sorry Beth. She's so cute, i've always liked terriers. Here's hoping next year will bring happier times.
Me: Kurt
Dog: Jackson the 6 y.o. Standard Poodle 55lbs
died March '08

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:37 am

DELETED

MK's mom

Post by MK's mom » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:05 am

Beth,

I am sooo very sorry that you had to make that awful decision. TJ had a very hard life from the beginning and she was so lucky that she had you to care for her the way you did.

Here's hoping that TJ is running at lightening speed with the other pups at the Bridge.

Vivian
Nathan
3.5 yo Irish Setter boy
First seizure 7/26/2013
Last seizure 3/24/2014
Last seizure 9/4/2009

Aug 17, 2004- Sept. 22, 2009
May the shamrocks fall softly sweetpea

Bethelonia

Post by Bethelonia » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and your support.

I like to think of TJ finally being freed from her disabled body and allowed to run and jump and play the way Jack Russells are meant to do.
TJ: JRT born on 9-11-01. Genetic neuro disorders including seizures, first one at 5 mo., after that many clusters, may she Rest In Peace, PTS on 12/31/07.

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Beth,
Please accept my deepest sympathies. I'm so sorry you have had to make one of the hardest decisions many of us have had to face recently. As much as it hurts, know you did the best thing you could for TJ because you loved her, you set her free. It is never an easy choice, it hurts like hell, and you will spend many a night crying, but she was very loved and you gave her 6 wonderful years. I don't think many people would have taken on such a huge responsiblity. Everyone one of the people on this site are angles watching over these wonderful pets who have problems, be it epilepsy or other problems. God gave them to us to cherish, as he knew we would and to know when to help them when the time comes to ease their suffering. Your TJ is at peace now and running free with all of the others who have gone before her.
Sending gentle hugs your way.
Debbie
Angel Casey
05/03/04-10/24/07
and his non epi sister Callie

Dylans Dad

Post by Dylans Dad » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:35 pm

sending you big hugs. what a lousy way to start the new year for you.

but I believe your baby is running wild and free on the bridge.

she had the best life possible in your care.

when you feel a gentle breeze, its TJ sending you angel kisses, when the breeze gets stronger, its her angel friends joining in.

stop in and see us, we will always be here with a hug
Wags & Slurps
Debby & Dylan
6 yr old Border collie
1st aug 7 2006
last 7-18-08
375 MG kbr twice a day
1 47.5 pb twice a day

Mandypop

Post by Mandypop » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:14 am

Beth,
I'm so sorry to hear about TJ. It is the most difficult deciusion any of us can make.
Take comfort that you did everything possible to give her a happy life and from her photos, she certainly looks like she was a very happy dog.

Thinking of you.
Mandy & Poppy x
Poppy - 9 year old whippet/greyhound (20 kg)

First seizure- 17th Oct 2006
Last seizure - 17th Nov 2009

90mg Pb twice daily
320mg KBr daily

KeelysMom

Post by KeelysMom » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:28 am

I am so very sorry. Such a difficult decision to make, even when it's the right one.

adajadesmom

Post by adajadesmom » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:27 am

Beth,
I am so sorry to hear about TJ. Our time with them is so precious. Know in your heart that while she's running about in a better place, she's happy knowing that she had the human mom she did. My thoughts are with you.
Cathy~

Bethelonia

Post by Bethelonia » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:06 am

Thank you all so much for your support. I haven't been on this board very long, but I know that all of you are very kind and loving people because of your ability to love and care for dogs with seizure disorders. I also know by the kindness and compassion you have shown me and TJ.

KC and I are doing okay. She seems kind of depressed and quizzical a lot of the time. She sniffs around the house a lot, and when she goes outside she has this look like she thinks maybe I accidentally left TJ out there for a few days and she might be able to find her for me.

I'm giving her a lot of love and attention, and she is doing the same for me. We'll get through this.

Thanks again to everyone,
Beth

Melissa and Raven

Post by Melissa and Raven » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 am

XOXO

richmauer

Post by richmauer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 pm

Beth
How did you get the pics of TJ on the post?
Thanks
Richard
Precious Peanut in doggie heaven 6/25/10 - 10 years old
English Cocker female 10 y/o "Sundae"
Shiatzu Male 10 y/o "Casey"

Bethelonia

Post by Bethelonia » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Rich,

First you have to have the picture somewhere on the web, like for instance on Photobucket. So you open a Photobucket account, upload the pic there, then it allows you to copy the image code. Once you have copied the image code for the picture you want to post you put this into your post here:

[img]insert%20link%20here[/img]

Where it says insert link here you put the image code. The picture will then be embedded into your post.

If you go to the suggestions topic in the CEN forum index you will see a lot of pictures of dogs that people have posted.

Good luck, Rich, if you have trouble let us know and help will arrive swiftly.

Beth

MELISSA: Thanks for the kisses and hugs, we need them! KC and I are working our way through each day without our sweet TJ. KC is probably wondering why she is getting all these new toys and gets to go for so many walks. I'm sure it's no substitute for having her best buddy around, but I hope it helps a little.