I am still here

Share your story, questions, concerns.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

claires friend

I am still here

Post by claires friend » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I know we have lost a lot of dogs and members this year, it' so sad and scary too. But Morgan and I are still fighting the battle and will try and be here to help when we can. I am really hoping we haven't heard back from some of you because you have gained control of the monster and are able to go on with your lives. I hope everyone has the best Holidays they can.
Cheers,
Susan Marie and Morgan
Susan Marie
Morgan -Foster Golden, now ours FOREVER !!
First seizure Aug 16, 2006 @9 months old ,very low thyroid
She has been with me since the end of July 07
150mg PB BID
.5 soloxine BID
400 Kbr BID

kelly hawes

Post by kelly hawes » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi Susan,
We have been out of town for Thanksgiving. My Stepmother did not want Ishtar in her house with the grand kids(Even though Ishtar loves children). My stepmother just doesn't like dogs. Ishtar to be in the house had to stay tethered to my side all weekend and in a hotel with me at night. My other collie was allowed with the family. The good news is that even with the drive and constant changes no seizures happened. I do try to expose Ishtar to as much as possible so that sudden events in her life aren't so stressful when they occur unexpectedly Monday morning will be the real test since that seems to be a trigger day. I hope everyone got through the weekend as well with out dog demons appearing.
Kelly and Ishtar

Carolyn

Post by Carolyn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:12 am

I am still here too. For all that do not know me & Kiya, Thanksgiving is the anniversary of when this all began in 2005. Actually the sunday after thanksgiving, this year that dreaded Sunday began as all the previous years, I did some yard work then went inside to lounge around the house, my husband went out on his bike. It was dejavu all over again but this year no seizures, even though I had the family over for dinner thursday and saturday some friends came over. We originally believed stress was a trigger for Kiya, I am relieved she is made it thru this holiday and hoping she makes that 1 year seizure free mark.
Carolyn
Kiya 11yr Shiloh Shepherd
PB 60mg am 90mg pm, 1teas kbr 1200mg, turmeric paste
1000mg milkthistle bid
First seizure 11/27/05
Last seizure 5/21/15

kbugs

Post by kbugs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:58 am

Hi all, I do check in to see how everyone is doing and yes, I am always hoping that there isn't another casualty on the board. We are healing and have a new puppy in the house, which has helped immensely. Her name is Ms. Jezzabell Ladybug. She is now 10 weeks old and so much like her namesake that it is scarey. I swear that Jezzabelle has been reincarnated in the puppy and given her blessing. Our youngest male has also come out of his grief over Jezzy and has adopted the puppy.

When I think back on Jezzy now and look at all her pictures, I see how sad she looked in most over the past 6 months. She truly was suffering, probably more than I knew. I still cry a lot and miss Jezzy terribly. The hole in my heart is 3/4 full now, but the other 1/4 will always remain for Jezzy.

I wish a Merry Christmas to all on the board and the hopes for a grand new year for all my Epi friends. May your control be the best and hopefully the success stories will be abundant. I know that without my friends here, I never would have made it through our ten months of struggle with Jezzy. I am hoping that by reading Jezzabelle's story on this board, hopefully what we went through will help someone else and get them to that success board!!!!!
Jezzabelle GSD
My angel
First seizure 01/24/09
Last seizure 10/28/09

Mandypop

Post by Mandypop » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:40 am

We're still here - but sadly after 2 years seizure free, Poppy's seizures returned in March this year and we've had to increase her Pb and add KBr.

It's so sad that during our time on CEN we've seen many epi's pass on, heartbreaking.

it's lovely to hear Kbugs has a new puppy Jezzabelle Ladybug, what wonderful name!

Here's hoping all our epi dogs have a peaceful Christmas and 2010 will be a good year.

Mandy & Poppy xxx
Poppy - 9 year old whippet/greyhound (20 kg)

First seizure- 17th Oct 2006
Last seizure - 17th Nov 2009

90mg Pb twice daily
320mg KBr daily

loganthedog

Post by loganthedog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 am

I like to hope that the people that are no longer active members here have gotten this disease under control, rather than thinking they lost their loved ones to it. This forum has helped me learn so much, and the people that post here are wonderful. I posted an Update on Logan in the original thread i created when this ordeal began for us back in 08'. If you have the time please check it out.

Best wishes to everyone dealing with the effects of this painful disease.
LOGAN - Brindle Boston Terrier - Male
Date Of Birth: 3/18/99
Date of 1st Seizure: 1/6/08
PB 32Mg AM+PM

MK's mom

Post by MK's mom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:59 am

Most of us have lost our kids, so folks stay away because it's painful for them to come here. I lost my MK back in September, but I'm not over it yet and feel the need to help someone else. some people come when they're having problems and have no desire to help anyone else, so that is why this board is so slow these days.
Nathan
3.5 yo Irish Setter boy
First seizure 7/26/2013
Last seizure 3/24/2014
Last seizure 9/4/2009

Aug 17, 2004- Sept. 22, 2009
May the shamrocks fall softly sweetpea

claires friend

Post by claires friend » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:44 pm

I feel like even if I can't help Morgan, but I can help someone else with what I have learned, then it makes this journey easier to deal with. Does that make any sense?
Susan Marie
Morgan -Foster Golden, now ours FOREVER !!
First seizure Aug 16, 2006 @9 months old ,very low thyroid
She has been with me since the end of July 07
150mg PB BID
.5 soloxine BID
400 Kbr BID

kbugs

Post by kbugs » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:38 pm

I jumped on here because I got an email notice that there was an update on Meara, and I was so pleased to find out it wasn't a bad posting!!!!! I haven't been on in awhile, Vivian is right, it really hurts to come here. I am not over Jezzabelle and I don't think I ever will be. I still have nightmares of seizures and I still see the pain in her eyes. In many ways, Ladybug has been a Godsend, however, there are times when she "dreams" in her sleep and I cringe. I hold my breath and pray. I honestly don't know if I could go through it again.

I hope that the new people on the board find strength from all the warmth and support that is offered here. It really does help when you are in need of a shoulder. Believe me, there is so much more that you learn through other's experiences than from your vet, especially since a lot just don't have the answers.

I pray for all of you and wish only the best of outcomes!!!
Jezzabelle GSD
My angel
First seizure 01/24/09
Last seizure 10/28/09