My story ... so far

Share your story, questions, concerns.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Kipsmom

Re: My story ... so far

Post by Kipsmom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 pm

As I said, I live in MO, which will probably never legalize medicinal marijuana either. Extremely conservative state with an idiotic legislature. I feel alone being my liberal self here!

I actually did write to Dr. Duncan. He's apparently still on vacation, as I got the out-of-office auto-reply to my email. But I figured I had nothing to lose by encouraging him to look into the study, so why not write? :-)

Chris, I wish you luck in finding a new little bud dog. My heart's not ready yet, but I've been trying to do some good deeds in the dog department. We finally packed up a lot of Kip's stuff (new doghouse, dog bed, bowls, nylabones he hadn't used yet, etc) and took them to a rescue over the holidays. And I sponsored a dog who needs heartworm treatment. Just little things to make me feel like I'm still in dog-mode. :-) It's funny, I used to have and English Bulldog who had a lot of medical issues, so this time I thought I'd be smarter and get a rescue mutt, because mixed breeds have less health issues. Joke was on me, huh?? Well, I loved that little mutt - he was a sweetheart!!

Stay warm, everyone, and keep your doggies out of the cold that's coming for most all of us!
Ellen and Kip
Corgi/Lab/Shepherd mix - 50 lb
750 mg KBr QD
200 mg Zonisamide BID
1250 mg Levetiracetam (Keppra) TID
1st seizure 11/15/2012
In doggie heaven 8/20/13 :-(

Chris Douglas

Post by Chris Douglas » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 am

Hi everyone,

no reason for anyone to believe this but here goes ... my house I rent 1 of the 2 apartment in burned down today and I'm sitting in a local bar for the internet to write this ... I can't believe the 6 days I've had and will post a link to the local paper article about the fire as soon as it come's out ... which is a once a week paer here in town on thurs ... next town down might do an article it's a daily but I don't know ... and as the motel where I'll be for 3 nights thanks to the red cross has such shitty net I'm at the bar using theirs and might not not be "on" as much ... older dog was saved by friends and neighbors who seen the smoke and called it in ... they kicked in door and pulled her cage and all out before the fire dept. even got there ... then local woman who saw the smoke also called her father-in-law who owns gas station to go next door to cafe where I might be and let me know about the fire ... I raced home, found fireman standing on sidewalk out front, asked him to reach in front door and grab laptop, he said no ... and turned his back to me so I raced in and grabbed it myself ... fire started in other apartment and you couldn't even tell at that time there was a fire anywhere ... of course by the time it was all over it house was toatal loss and I have nuttin but a pickup, dog, laptop, and the clothes on my back ... then after they got it out a couple of the firemen which are all volunteer was able to reach in as the floor wasn't safe but from the door and 1 foot on floor was able to reach in and get the 'All-in-1" printer, a dvd player, and a coffee table, as well as a handful of dvd movie's, and the laptop shoulder case ... that's it, ... that's all there is
Chris & Molly
Brittany 27 lbs female DOB Mar.2008,
Pb 32.4 mg(1/2 grain) BID
regular Keppra 2/250mg BID
Valium tab's 5 mg orally/rectally as needed
Melatonin 5mg SID

1st seizure 8/20/12
last seizure 12/14/13

Rainbow Bridge 12/28/13

ShilohsMom

Post by ShilohsMom » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:32 am

Chris,

I can't even begin to express how sorry I am to hear this. I'm glad to know both you and your dog escaped. Is there something I can do to help, even from a distance there's some way I can help.

Colleen
Colleen, Rylie, Sophie & angels Izzie & Shiloh
DOB: 11/11/05
First seizure: 07/28//10
Last seizure: 06/27/16

Gentle Jacob's mom

Post by Gentle Jacob's mom » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 am

Hi Chris,
I can't believe this happened, but so relieved that you and Katie are safe. I have an idea of what you are going through. We lost our home from of all things, an oil spill. It took almost a year to get through it, and years to get back a fraction of the money we lost. The oil co tried to blame me for their stupid delivery man not knowing that he'd pumped 200 gallons more oil than our tank held. We lost almost everything from the fumes, and oil. It's so surreal, and heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Is the Red Cross going to help you find another place to live? And do you have friends that live in your area? I hope you know that we're all still here for you.
Let us know how you are.

Lynne

Chris Douglas

Post by Chris Douglas » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:41 pm

don't have but 20 min where I'm borrowing net b4 they close but 3 nights in motel .. last night , tonight, and tomorrow night ... the talking to "Hopesource" on monday to see if anyone know what I'm suppose to do from there on out ...

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/members/ ... 963f4.html
Chris & Molly
Melatonin 5mg SID

1st seizure 8/20/12
last seizure 12/14/13

Rainbow Bridge 12/28/13

Chris Douglas

Post by Chris Douglas » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:55 pm

hi Lynne ... beyond surreal ... what ever it is that comes after that ... 6 days and I can't believe how it all goes away 1st molly, now the fire ...

no the red cross isn't going to help me "find" a new place ...

my friends are "acquaintance's" ... people I know or have worked with ... but not "friends' in the sense we've ever gone anywhere together or we visit at each other's home's ...

Hi Colleen,

maybe after I talk to hopesource on mon. I'll know more ... right now is "moment to moment' ...

thank you ... everyone for being here ... I'm in shock and don't know anything right now ... except a double dose of unisom and 16/5mg's of melatonin didn't make me sleep last night like it shoulda ...

Chris
Chris & Molly
Melatonin 5mg SID

1st seizure 8/20/12
last seizure 12/14/13

Rainbow Bridge 12/28/13

Kipsmom

Post by Kipsmom » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Oh Chris, I am so sorry. Please keep us updated on what's happening, and how we can help. This is just so much for one person to bear. My heart breaks for you.

One day at a time. Maybe one hour at a time. We are all thinking about you.

Let us know what you find out from Hopesource. Is there a church you can ask for help? Can they set up a fund for you so we can send donations? You have friends here. I'm saying prayers for you!

:-(
Ellen and Kip
750 mg KBr QD
200 mg Zonisamide BID
1st seizure 11/15/2012

Chris Douglas

Post by Chris Douglas » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi all,

am parked on 1st street in front of Radio Shack borrowing signal ... they know I'm doing this and it is ok with them ... motel net is up, down, on/ off, won't load page, then if it does it only does partially before dropping signal all together ...

if I can arrange anything with Hopesource for a way for folks to donate will post here ...

told boss I'd be in tonight ... when I got there was sent home by fellow employee cause I'm a mess at times ... just start bawling outta no where, then ok ... then "everything" will be ok ... then back to bawling ... hope this part ends soon and I get settled somehow into something stable to live in ...

when back after dark tonight to neighbor house and asked neighbor guy to go with me with flashlights to look ... floor has sunk and is dangerous to walk on ... but he manage to pull wood futon frame, floor lamp, 1 of 2 end table's not burn, boombox radio, router, eyeglass case, and small table that had had 2 drawers in it that the fireman was able to get me the drawers from out ... storing floor lamp, end table, and futon frame at his place for after I can get settled somewhere and can clean em up - replace futon mattress ... funny, I had been sleeping on the futon in living room this winter cause it was the warmest room in apartment when fire broke out ... rest of stuff is toast ... some of what is there isn't even recognizable ... just a pile of melted black burned stuff that only I know what it was before ... and some stuff not where it belongs as they blaster 6 in hose water thru windows and has an overhead ladder with a diluge gunn pouring water thru cieling after roof collasped or burned away ... even a lawn mower on back utility room (aluminum I'm sure) melted to a heap of molten metal ... after dark it was surreal and scary looking place like on a scifi movie ... creepy even to him ...twightlight zone time ...

oh, oh, almost forgot ... and my battery operated alarm clock was sitting there on end table keeping perfect time ... roflmao ... :lol: ... guess I won't have to buy one ... if only there was someway to get to the middle room(kitchen) ... in front door is living room with sinking floor, next room is kitchen/dining room with sinking floor, next room is toasted bedroom with nuttin left, totally gutted or a heap of charcoal -barely recognize that heap is the bed, two partial nightstands and that's about it, then last room is utility room with waher/dryer, lawn mower, boxes of stuff, and outdoor rake's shovels and so on ... kitchen still has a miicrowave looking good and my travel mug/lid on counter all looking like nuttin even happened, with a pitcher of water next to it for filling dog water dish still full of water and not even dirty lookin' ... kitchen cabinets/drawers all looking like nuttin happened ... but no way to get there from here or from either end of apartment .. we tried but it would take wings thanks to the floor are giving out, not just soft but sloped at an angle floor and slippery as well ... told neighbor these items are not worth anyone getting hurt over so leave em be ...

ok ... bettery low ... gonna go back and sit in room and wonder what to do next besides pace in a sun-down podunk town

thanks everyone for letting me ramble ... therapy for the soul

Chris
Chris & Molly
Melatonin 5mg SID

1st seizure 8/20/12
last seizure 12/14/13

Rainbow Bridge 12/28/13

SpencerBhumi

Post by SpencerBhumi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:35 am

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear of your noteable start to 2014 and I wish there was something I could do to help.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Trevor.

ShilohsMom

Post by ShilohsMom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 am

Chris,

Appreciate the update. You might look into the site giveforward.com. Not sure if requirements or if they have any fees. Let us know when you find a place we can donate. We're here for you. Prayers continue.

Colleen
Colleen, Rylie, Sophie & angels Izzie & Shiloh
DOB: 11/11/05
First seizure: 07/28//10
Last seizure: 06/27/16

Kipsmom

Post by Kipsmom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:44 am

Chris -

I am guessing you are in need of the basics - clothes, shoes, etc?? Can you tell me what size(s) you wear and if you have a "favorite" brand that fits you well, and I then I will go online and have something shipped to you - maybe shipped to the Quik Mart, since your address is in limbo? If you think that's a good place, send me the address, or if you want me to send it to your neighbor, that's fine too. I know it will take a few days to get there.

I would hope that the Red Cross or Hopesource or a church will set up an account for you at a bank that people can donate to - let us know when you find out more.
Ellen and Kip
750 mg KBr QD
200 mg Zonisamide BID
1st seizure 11/15/2012

MK's mom

Post by MK's mom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Chris,

This is more than any one person should have to endure!! I am so sorry for what you've had to go thru the last few days, but the brighter side is that your dog was saved. Did you have renter's insurance that will replace what you've lost?
Nathan
3.5 yo Irish Setter boy
First seizure 7/26/2013
Last seizure 3/24/2014
Last seizure 9/4/2009

Aug 17, 2004- Sept. 22, 2009
May the shamrocks fall softly sweetpea

Chris Douglas

Post by Chris Douglas » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:56 pm

thanks everyone,

no insurance as I am a mini mart worker who is livng on $1,000.00 to $1,200.00 a month who has been eating from the food bank and the ex was bringing dog food by when needed ...

tomorrow mon. I'll talk to hopesource( I know Hopesource has done it before here in years past) and see if there is a way to set up something for anyone who wants to donate ...

Chris
Chris & Molly
Melatonin 5mg SID

1st seizure 8/20/12
last seizure 12/14/13

Rainbow Bridge 12/28/13

Chris Douglas

Post by Chris Douglas » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:08 pm

sorry all,

nuttin gets done in "podunk" over the weekend ... in a few hours they roll up the sidewalks and you could shoot a gun down mainstreet without hitting anybody ... :lol:

Chris
Chris & Molly
Melatonin 5mg SID

1st seizure 8/20/12
last seizure 12/14/13

Rainbow Bridge 12/28/13

Kipsmom

Post by Kipsmom » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi Chris -

Just wondering how you're doing, and if you've found a place to stay. Any news? Thinking of you!!
Ellen and Kip
750 mg KBr QD
200 mg Zonisamide BID
1st seizure 11/15/2012