11 Month old Male French Bulldog

Share your story, questions, concerns.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Kirkyer

11 Month old Male French Bulldog

Post by Kirkyer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi my name is Carol and I am new to this site unfortunately. I have a 11 month old Male French Bulldog that started having seizures a month ago when he was sleeping or just waking up lasting only a minute or so and has had one a week for the first three weeks then the last one occurred 5 days after his last one and only a few hours after visiting the neurologist for the first time. The neurologist performed a fasting blood test and then fed him and checked his liver function and It was slightly elevated 35 and she didn't think it was high enough to cause seizures, my regular vet did a full blood work up the week before with no conclusive results. The neurologist put him on keppra 250 mg 3x a day he just started it yesterday and does not seem to be having any noticeable side effects as of yet. The neurologist would like to do an MRI she said because of his age and non conclusive blood test results, I am leaning towards trying the meds first since an MRI is 2500-3500. Does anyone have any input suggestions I am so frightened for this little guy I don't want to do the wrong thing.

Carol