CT Scan or MRI

General questions about tests and procedures for diagnosing canine epilepsy. Please note that we cannot make a diagnosis or interpret specific test results via this forum - please consult your veterinarian for specific advice for your individual pet.

Moderator: Box40Rin

CT Scan or MRI

Post by Xandersmom86 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Xander had a cluster seizure last night. It has been two weeks since his last seizure. Lately his seizures have been happening every two weeks on Friday or Saturday morning. Currently he is taking 100mg zonasimide twice a day and 750mg Keppra 3 times a day. The vet tells us that we should take him to the emergency vet when clusters occur but it just seems they are just doing the same repetitive tests which cost 500 to 600 dollars. I have been reading about Canna-Pet and I'm interested in how the results have been? I have been mostly read positive results. I feel that if I address this to the vet they are going to disagree. My fiancé thinks we should get a CT scan or MRI to make sure it's not something worse. Thoughts? And how do your vets feel about Canna-pet?
Xander-18 month siberian husky
first seizure: 12/30/2014
last seizure: 7/4/2015
Keppra 750mg
Zonasimide 100mg