My Chihuahua Cesar is like a Zombie

General questions about tests and procedures for diagnosing canine epilepsy. Please note that we cannot make a diagnosis or interpret specific test results via this forum - please consult your veterinarian for specific advice for your individual pet.

Moderator: Box40Rin

Cesarsmom

My Chihuahua Cesar is like a Zombie

Post by Cesarsmom » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Hello all and thank you for allowing me into this forum. I am at my wits end. My beloved Chi Cesar is not recovering well since having seizures in the last two weeks. He started off with one after behaving differently for a week or so (we thought he had an ear infection)....and we immediately took him to vet....All tests were normal so we brought him home and took him back the next morning (a Friday) to have a followup visit...They sent him home with us and he had another seizure that evening....We have continued to take him to the vet but he is at the point where we were told the only thing left to do is take him to a University for a MRI and/or Cat scan...The vet said both of which may show nothing or only something that we could not treat anyway?? In the meantime we continue to hand feed him either his own food or liquid food from vet and give him plenty of Pedialyte and or Gatorade......He is not himself...When he does walk it is very wobbly and he falls down...He will potty outside if we get him there....on occasion he will walk out but he does walk himself back into house....He just stares and sleeps with eyes open...I don't know how to help....He has had a few smaller seizures last week and one last night..He almost always pees and pooed for the first time last might during seizure.....Last Sunday he had 3 seizures back to back....These ones he howled and paddled during...(different than all the others)...Very scary....Can't tell if he is getting better because every time he does ...something happens :( .....ANy advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

ShilohsMom

Re: My Chihuahua Cesar is like a Zombie

Post by ShilohsMom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:42 am

I'm so sorry that you and your baby are going through this. It's so frustrating to want so badly to help and yet we're helpless.

How old is Cesar? How old when he developed seizures? When he clusters what are you doing for him? What meds is he on?
Colleen, Rylie, Sophie & angels Izzie & Shiloh
DOB: 11/11/05
First seizure: 07/28//10
Last seizure: 06/27/16