Grooming

Questions about the influence of diet and metabolism on seizures.

Moderator: Box40Rin

ToTa

Grooming

Post by ToTa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:35 pm

My adopted Lapso Apso/Shitzu mix does not like the grooms. The first time I took him he freaked out, the groomer called me back 5 minutes after I left. She did sort of got the job done with me holding him. Less than week later he had cluster seizures. 16 before we could get to a vet. Middle of the night and the closest emergency is an hour away and they kick you out at 7 am when your own vet opens. Long story short it was my first ever experiencer with cluster seizures.

I am prepared now for that, with Midazolam, cause if he has one he will have multiple seizures.

I am not getting any direction from his vet and his neurologist at another vet emergency I found has left the practice. I want to get him through the grooming process where he is not stressed. I don't want use Midazolam he is still able to function after 5mg (he is like Flea from the red hot chilli peppers).

The last time, I got bit 3 or 4 times and the groomer got bit once. He doesn't bit hard, just hard enough to let you know he's not happy. The noise of the clippers he doesn't like and doesn't like his hair being pulled. Being muzzled is stressful for him too.

He is looking like a muppet now and I need to get him groomed. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Quest 2 years old August 2018
Adopted mid April 2018 from a rescue. Epileptic condition was known
Was on 15mg of phenobarbital when I adopted him, Now needs 90 mg/day plus Keppra.
MRI done, Spinal Tap Done.