Speaking of BHA & BHT

Questions about the influence of diet and metabolism on seizures.

Moderator: Box40Rin

adajadesmom

Speaking of BHA & BHT

Post by adajadesmom » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Now that I'm making myself more aware of these preservatives, I've been taking a look at OUR food. MY GOODNESS! I am sickened to see how much of the food I buy has this stuff in it. Here I am trying to avoid my dogs from consuming it...
Just to name a few things I found:
Stove Top Stuffing
Cap'N Crunch cereal
Honey Comb (has it in the packaging)
Honey Smacks (")
Rice Crispies (")
Shredded Wheat (")
Granted, I know we won't be consuming much by having it in the packaging but there's the good ole FDA allowing US to inhale crap that's been outlawed by other countries.

Melissa and Raven

Post by Melissa and Raven » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:28 am

Frightening isn't it?
I started looking at labels when I was trying to lose weight. It was overwhelming and quite upsetting. It also made me quite aware of why people are so large now-a-days. Not only are their chemicals and made-made things in foods, even considered poison, but the addictive ingredients like sugar and msg...why the heck do you need sugar in everything?

What are we doing to our own species? No wonder kids have allergies, behavioural problems, learning disabilities and disease now-a-days. I never remember peanut allergies when I was a kid.

adajadesmom

Post by adajadesmom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17 am

It is frightening and I guess even more so that it's taken me so long to check it out.
High Fructose Corn Syrup is another one that is found in an unbelievable amount of items.
My next shopping trip ought to be a long one as I want to eat better along with my furkids!