CBD Capsules

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

jaragr

CBD Capsules

Post by jaragr » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Well we have had our 14 year old dog on CBD capsules for about 5 months. He has grand mal seizures about every 10 weeks, usually 2 in a day. Yesterday made 14 weeks, I get home today and he was off balance and CONSTANT whining. I found the evidence of the seizure he had after I left for work. I wasn't here when my baby came out of that - he was all alone with the other 2 dogs who growl at him when he's not right. I hate, hate, hate these things!!! I know the CBD won't stop them, and I wasn't here to see what happened after he woke up. Usually he falls over he is so "drunk". I honestly do not know how much more I can take, and even hesitate to adopt another dog for fear of this again! We are so lucky he didn't hurt himself as he lays right beside our bed and there isn't a lot of space. This was my greatest fear - this happening while we weren't home.

xxcesarxx

Re: CBD Capsules

Post by xxcesarxx » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 am

I used to keep a cam on my baby, I'd check on him every 30 mins. My best friend used to seize every 10 days sometimes 4 seizures a day. Its not an easy road, stay strong.

jaragr

Post by jaragr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:32 am

I thought about a cam but that would just freak me out. I work 18 miles from home and wouldn't be able to do anything. The CBD hasn't disappointed me. I already knew it wouldn't stop the seizures, and we did get an extra month this time. Since I was able to tell that he had been thru that, I do know now to pay more attention when I get home. He's weak in his hind legs, so I need to be extra observant for more weakness than usual.

GentleJacob's Mom

Post by GentleJacob's Mom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:14 am

Is it possible to set up a crate with soft bedding, or a small room to use to keep him in during the day with pillows and soft bedding to keep him safe during a seizure? It's so hard to leave them. You worry constantly. Maybe you could set up a cam and have a neighbor/friend that lives close by get to him until you can get home.
I know about the fear of adopting another dog after going through seizures. We did adopt after we lost Jake and jumped up every time we heard a weird sound, but It's nowhere near as bad now.

Take Care,
Lynne