Lights

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

Tonysmom

Lights

Post by Tonysmom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Tony has not had a seizure for almost three months, since he has been on his current CBD dose. Last week we had a severe lightening/thunderstorm at night. I notices Tony looking out the window at the nearly constant flashes of lightening. Then he came to me in an excited state, similar to how he behaves after a seizure. ( He has never been afraid of thunderstorms before.) Is this because they see lights before a seizure and he thought he was going into one? He didn't appear to have a seizure and was calm immediately after the storm.
Also noticed that he likes to sleep in the hall at night where I leave lights on all night. He jumps out of bed and lay in the hall where he falls asleep almost immediately. Is it the light that calms him there? Most of his seizures have been at night.

jaragr

Re: Lights

Post by jaragr » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:48 am

I have wondered the same thing about lights. If my dog is in a sound sleep in a room besides our office, I leave the light on even when I go to bed. He is 15, and I wonder how well he can see in the dark.