Dog had 3 seizures

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

jaragr

Dog had 3 seizures

Post by jaragr » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:32 pm

A couple of days ago our 15 year old dog had 3 seizures in 12 hours. First one was mild, second was worse, third one was the snarling, paddling hard, etc. Now he has a twitch in his head, and his back legs twitch at the same time. I'm afraid it's time to let him go. We've tried everything over the past 6 years of this. But this was the first time he had 3. It has finally taken it's toll on him, and us, since our nerves are shot and we know what we have to do. Won't be long I won't be on this website anymore. :(

GentleJacob's Mom

Re: Dog had 3 seizures

Post by GentleJacob's Mom » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Just in case. Let us know how you are.
I'm so sorry you had such a horrible day.
My thoughts are with you.

Lynne

jaragr

Post by jaragr » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:45 am

Well believe it or not, the tremors and twitching seem to be lessening! Each day he is better, and when he goes on his walk, he actually acts like he feels great! We are giving him 2 CBD capsules a day in hopes it would help him. We'll never give up until he gives up. Over the weekend we just knew this was it, we are on an emotional roller coaster. But because he enjoys his walks and enjoys his food still, we're holding on. Thank you for asking!

GentleJacob's Mom

Post by GentleJacob's Mom » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:01 am

I'm so glad things are better. Yes this disease takes us on emotional roller coaster rides that sometimes seem like they'll never end. I was always in awe of how Jake bounced back time and time again. Usually better than I did :)
I hope you have many seizure free days ahead of you.
Take Care,
Lynne

jaragr

Post by jaragr » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Thank you so much Lynne. Our dogs are our life, there is no place we'd rather be than at home with them. The seizures happening for the last 7 years have been so hard as you know. I don't know how he keeps fighting back at his age.