Tony has been seizure free for one year

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

Tonysmom

Tony has been seizure free for one year

Post by Tonysmom » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:31 am

Tony was having seizures averaging about once a month. The vet recommended no drugs for it until it became more frequent. So I tried CBD oil a few years ago. It seemed to help but not totally prevent seizures. His seizures were less frequent and clearly milder. I'm giving him full-spectrum CBD extract, concentration 250 mg/30 ml. At first, I was adding several drops to each of three meals a day. His seizures always seemed to be at night or early morning before breakfast. After his last seizure on Sept.17, 2000, I started to add a few drops (3 to4) between meals just before bedtime and early in the morning before breakfast.
Tony is a Labrador Retriever who just turned 9 yesterday. I hope he continues to be seizure-free, This last year has made a great difference in his life. He seems to be so happy.