KiKi has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

suejacksoncarr

Post by suejacksoncarr » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:58 am

Helen,

We have lost beloved dogs (and cats) in the past, and it is so difficult, but I understand even more so after all the heart-ache and ups and downs we have gone through with this particular illness and then to lose the battle in the end.

You will never, ever forget Kain, but in time you will be able to smile and remember all the good times and the love you gave each other.

Sue (and more furry hugs and wet kisses from Scholtz)

p.s. do epileptic dogs slobber more than usual, or is it just Scholtz!!!???
Scholtz - German Shepherd
10th June, 2004 to 9th March, 2007

DMH123

Post by DMH123 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:09 am

I am so sorry to hear about KiKi. I've had the misfortune of having to go through this grief with other dear dogs. You never forget them. We found it helpful to pull out photos and make a collage to hang in our house that remind us of all the great memories. We lost a dear loved one very suddenly and unexpectantly to cancer and our whole family grieved together for days. Her name was Shelby and her death brought us to rescue Lilly. Sometimes I still call Lilly "Shelby" by mistake. But, every time I do that, I think Shelby must be nearby keeping an close eye out for us. You have to find some way to keep their memory close, but only time will heal the pain.

My prayers are with you.
Debbie H with Lilly
Jan 2003-Oct 9, 2006
Gone but never forgotten

sammysmom

Post by sammysmom » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:47 pm

Oh Jane,

I am so sorry to hear of Kiki's passing. My heart just breaks for you and it takes me back to July when all these emotions were right at the surface for me.

Time will heal your wounds and you can be sure you gave your dog a home no one else would have. These dogs come into our lives, touch us in unimaginable ways and leave us changed.

May you find peace during this hard time and I can say from absolute experience that things WILL get better.

Sam and Kain have another at the bridge to wait for us!

Big hugs,
Emily
R.I.P Samson
April 10, 2003 ~ July 24, 2006

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:42 pm

Emily,
Its so nice to see that you still check in with us. How is your new pup doing and do you have any new pictures for us. We miss you and hope you and Cooper are doing well. I know it is to soon, but I hope one day Helen and Jane will find a new furbaby to love. You, as well as the rest of us who have lost a pet, know how hard it is, but god gave us big hearts so we can cherish the memories of our "special pets" and allow us to love the new ones that enter our lives. Hugs to you and Cooper.
Debbie,
Casey and Callie

Dylans Dad

Post by Dylans Dad » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:48 am

I tend to agree, having had dogs all my life. you can never replace the one that just passed.but nothing helps heal the heart like puppy kisses.
Dylan is my first epi dog,and the stress is very daunting,sure wouldn`t want to go thru it again right away,but when hes seizure free and not super dopey, hes worth it
Wags & Slurps
Debby & Dylan
6 yr old Border collie
1st aug 7 2006
last 7-18-08
375 MG kbr twice a day
1 47.5 pb twice a day

sammysmom

Post by sammysmom » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:34 pm

lovemypups wrote:Emily,
Its so nice to see that you still check in with us. How is your new pup doing and do you have any new pictures for us. We miss you and hope you and Cooper are doing well. I know it is to soon, but I hope one day Helen and Jane will find a new furbaby to love. You, as well as the rest of us who have lost a pet, know how hard it is, but god gave us big hearts so we can cherish the memories of our "special pets" and allow us to love the new ones that enter our lives. Hugs to you and Cooper.
Debbie,
Casey and Callie
Cooper is doing well. I do still check in from time to time and I hate when these bridge threads pop up. It breaks my heart!! Hope you and your pups are doing well.

Here's a link to some photos of Cooper........

http://www.woofboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32812
R.I.P Samson
April 10, 2003 ~ July 24, 2006

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:24 am

DELETED

Mandypop

Post by Mandypop » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:25 am

Dear Jane

I'm so very sorry to learn that your dog has passed on.
Thinking of you at this sad time.

Mandy