Ulsers from kbr?

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

Carolyn

Ulsers from kbr?

Post by Carolyn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:44 am

Some one on the .com epi site posted how thier dog got ulsers on or in the mouth from liquid kbr that was added to food. Just wondering if anyone here has had or heard this. The solution was now the kbr is added to a piece of bread. Thats all Kiya needs is bread.
Carolyn
Kiya 11yr Shiloh Shepherd
PB 60mg am 90mg pm, 1teas kbr 1200mg, turmeric paste
1000mg milkthistle bid
First seizure 11/27/05
Last seizure 5/21/15

High_Voltage_Head

Post by High_Voltage_Head » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:13 pm

Never heard of mouth ulcers from KBr but i could believe it. The thing i find hard to believe is that putting it on bread is any better than putting it on dog food. Why would that be? Unless maybe he loves bread so much that he swallows it whole instead of chewing it in his mouth.

I'm skeptical. It sounds like one of those stories where the dog had a sore in its mouth and then the sore went away and somebody invented a reason to explain the events. But then i didn't read the original story so i might be way off base.
Me: Kurt
Dog: Jackson the 6 y.o. Standard Poodle 55lbs
died March '08

Carolyn

Post by Carolyn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:50 am

I add the kbr to kibble thats moistened so there is liquid in the bowl, I think they did the same & the dog would lick up the water or nose dive in the bowl. Kinda have to agree with you.
Carolyn
Kiya 11yr Shiloh Shepherd
PB 60mg am 90mg pm, 1teas kbr 1200mg, turmeric paste
1000mg milkthistle bid
First seizure 11/27/05
Last seizure 5/21/15