Ocular compression

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

Nancy Bartol

Ocular compression

Post by Nancy Bartol » Tue Sep 18, 2001 11:01 am

How effective is ocular compression in controlling seizures? Is this something owners can do at home to help our epi-dogs and if so, what's the procedure? Thanks for any info on this topic.

kveuleman

Post by kveuleman » Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:48 pm

Ocular compression has seemed to work very well for me and my Cocker Spaniel. The sooner I can start using OC after the seizure begins, the better the effect. I'm part of another Canine Epilepsy group and most of the people on the list (who have had a chance to use it) have had good outcomes. Maybe it's just the idea of being able to do something to help that's not related to adding more meds is what helps. I'm not sure, but I'll still continue to use it every chance I get.