Video

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

Gentle Jacob's mom

Video

Post by Gentle Jacob's mom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:25 am

This is a video explaining what seizures are, and what might cause them. There's a lot of information here for owners just starting to go through this and those of us that have been in it for years and she explains it very well.
I hope it helps
Lynne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVnaIujDzqE

SpencerBhumi

Re: Video

Post by SpencerBhumi » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks for posting this Lynne.

It is very informative - a valuable resource for those new to canine epilepsy (and for my prospective dog sitter who is aware of but not at all familiar with Spencer's needs).

Thanks again.
Trevor.

Across10725

Re: Video

Post by Across10725 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Thanks so much for posting that Lynne. That was very informative. She mentioned in the video that cervical subluxation could cause seizures and I didn't even know this existed. Our dog had her first seizure (three weeks ago) about a minute after she was yanked back by her collar when she lunged at another dog. We somehow didn't even think about it until now, but it makes total sense that that could have caused trauma to her neck. We will definitely be looking into this. Thanks again!!!
Amanda