Goodrx

This is the place for general questions about drugs, long-term treatment concerns, possible influences of other drugs (such as antibiotics, heartworm preventatives, or anesthetics) for epileptic dogs, and other concerns. Please note that we cannot make specific recommendations for individual dogs - for this, please consult your veterinarian.

Moderator: Box40Rin

massiel41285

Goodrx

Post by massiel41285 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 am

I've been buying my dogs pheno medication at cvs for about a year now using the goodrx coupon. When I first started itwas costing about $18. For the past few months the price has gone up everytime I refill his meds. Now the price is $38. Is anyone else experiencing this??

Gentle Jacob's mom

Re: Goodrx

Post by Gentle Jacob's mom » Sun May 07, 2017 8:00 am

I use Goodrx.com and Rxcut.com and the prices for all of Jake's meds have gone up in the last few months. If you can buy more than one month's supply at a time sometimes the price is lower per tablet. I get three months of Pb for Jake and it really helps the cost.

Lynne

Lovelight

Re: Goodrx

Post by Lovelight » Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 pm

I use CVS also for my dog's phenobarbital, and other meds.

I experienced what you describe. Once or twice, I ended up paying twice as much. The recent being two weeks ago ($36.58 or something like that). I had to go home, get online, go to goodrx, have the coupon sent by text to my phone, go back to CVS and they re-process it. I got refunds both times. (I don't have online access with my cell phone.)

This is what I do and it solves the problem for me usually:
I go to goodrx and get a current coupon, then I call CVS and refill the script by speaking to a live person (not the automated refill option). While I have them on the phone, I tell them I have a current goodrx coupon. If they want the codes, read off the numbers. If they say to bring it in for them to process, I make sure that I obtain a fresh code from goodrx the same day I go to pick up and pay for the prescription. Also, sometimes they have to put in as a new script (even though it's a refill) and then it goes through. I have not had a problem since.

Try that, maybe it will help.