Current studies

This is the main focus of the research underway by the Canine Epilepsy Research Consortium. Some of your questions may not have clear answers at this time, but ask them anyway!

Moderator: Box40Rin

Molly

Current studies

Post by Molly » Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:59 am

I am trying to locate contact information for establishments who are currently doing research on canine epilepsy. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Liz Hansen
Site Admin

Post by Liz Hansen » Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:05 pm

As you can see on the RESEARCH page of this website, there are 4 institutions collaborating on epilepsy research and make up the Canine Epilepsy Research Consortium. For other projects, check with the Canine Health Foundation - there's a link on our LINKS page. The Morris Animal Foundation may also sponsor projects, but I'm not aware of them.

We encourage people who are concerned with canine epilepsy to make donations to the Canine Health Foundation, and earmark those donations for the projects they fund here at the University of Missouri, and at the University of Minnesota. I don't think there is an active grant at Ohio State University, but again, check with CHF for details. If you ask that your donation be used for epilepsy research at MO or MN, it will be applied to those grants. Donations to CHF are also fully tax deductable. You can help continue this research by making any size of donation to CHF.

Liz