checking?

Would you like to see your club more involved in making members aware of epilepsy in your breed? Has your club done a good job on a health survey, or awareness campaign? Any novel fundraisers or other activities by your club? Please share what you would like to see your clubs do, and the things that clubs are already doing that have worked.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

MK's mom

Post by MK's mom » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:46 pm

YOu can answer those people with this: If a human's diabetes or epilepsy is genetic or hereditary, then NO they shouldn't reproduce!!! What a stupid thing for anyone to say to you.

The crap I keep hearing from the Irish Setter people is that until there's a test to determine whether or not a dog's epilepsy is genetic, then all we're dealing with is speculation. I say if 2 dogs out of the same litter have both reproduced more than one puppy with epilepsy, then that's a pretty good indication in my eyes that something is wrong and that line should stop.

My arguments tend to fall on deaf ears, but I won't stop bleating about it until at least one person hears me.

Vivian
Nathan
3.5 yo Irish Setter boy
First seizure 7/26/2013
Last seizure 3/24/2014
Last seizure 9/4/2009

Aug 17, 2004- Sept. 22, 2009
May the shamrocks fall softly sweetpea

High_Voltage_Head

Post by High_Voltage_Head » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:24 pm

I tried to give my info to the Poodle Health Registry but i think they went out of business or something. My email got returned and then i got something asking me to join a Yahoo group of poodle people and it all sounded so complicated that i just gave up.
Me: Kurt
Dog: Jackson the 6 y.o. Standard Poodle 55lbs
died March '08

mariakatosvich

Re: checking?

Post by mariakatosvich » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:05 am

If there was a registry for Irish I would have my boy's name and pedigree up there in a flash, but unfortunately I don't know of a registry for my breed. How does one start a registry, does anyone know?
Thanks
sky helpline
Name: Skyla
DOB: 26 Feb 2010
Breed: Maltese Shih
First Seizure: 23 Apr 2014
Last Seizure: 2 Jan 2016