HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM NAUMH?

Would you like to see your club more involved in making members aware of epilepsy in your breed? Has your club done a good job on a health survey, or awareness campaign? Any novel fundraisers or other activities by your club? Please share what you would like to see your clubs do, and the things that clubs are already doing that have worked.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

skrpio

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM NAUMH?

Post by skrpio » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:54 pm

Just had a thought this past weekend. Naumh has not been heard from since March. I sent an PM to see if Malachi was Ok but have not heard back yet.
Jane
In loving memory of my special KiKi Bean
Seizure free forever now
Nov 25th 2002 - Nov 1st 2006
Dogue De Bordeaux

Finndog

Post by Finndog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:52 am

She's OK, I recieved an e-mail from her a few weeks back. Its tough for some to monitor as much as many of us do. I'll send her and e-mail to post a hello!
Finn, Irish setter
First Seizure 2/2/05
Last Seizure, 10/27/06
Lost my boy on 12/10/08

naumh

Thanks for thinking of me

Post by naumh » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:42 am

My absence was not intentional. However, most of my spare time at work was spent on planning my wedding which occurred this past June. Recently, I have been trying to get on CEN. There is a lot to catch up on and new members to meet.

Malachi update - It's been a while since the neurologist has seen him so we had an appointment this past Friday. She indicated 6-8 weeks between seizures is pretty good control for a dog his size (collie @ 90 lbs).

We discussed his pacing, stumbling, and tiredness. All of which are side effects of the Bromide. She talked about reducing the bromide and adding another medicine. However, we don't know what new side effects may occur, if the seizure control will be as good, and if the current side effects will minimize at all. Since overall, his quality of life has been good. I decided to make no changes until his seizure activity changes. My husband and I will just have to deal with the pacing, stumbling, and tiredness.

I will know the results of the Bromide levels next week. (We are using KBr as a single agent to treat his seizures so he is on a high dose. Last time we checked his levels he was 2 pts outside the recommended range on the high side.) So, I am anxious to see if his levels have maintained.

His last seizure was July 12, 2006 so I expect that a seizure may occur within the next few weeks.
Malachi's Mom

First Seizure 01/27/2005
Last Seizure 7/12/2006

www.dogster.com/?128667

skrpio

Post by skrpio » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Congratulations on your marriage and it's great to see you back on board.
Jane
In loving memory of my special KiKi Bean
Seizure free forever now
Nov 25th 2002 - Nov 1st 2006
Dogue De Bordeaux

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:55 pm

Naumh,
I to would like to offer congratulations on your marriage and 6-8 weeks is GREAT for Malachi! Casey's longest time is 53 days but I have faith that one day we will find the right combination of meds and hopefully get past that point. Welcome back and hoping for continued success on Malachi's seizure free streak.
Debbie
Casey epi since 05/10/05 last seizure 08/20/06 and Callie his non epi sister.

manymanyhounds

Post by manymanyhounds » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:56 pm

Congrats! I'm new to the board but don't like the MIA from someone
who may need advice and support (mainly me someday, HA!)
Dancer 07/04/01-07/28/08
Staghound
We love you sweet Dancer Bear!