Ways we can promote CEN and the Research

Would you like to see your club more involved in making members aware of epilepsy in your breed? Has your club done a good job on a health survey, or awareness campaign? Any novel fundraisers or other activities by your club? Please share what you would like to see your clubs do, and the things that clubs are already doing that have worked.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Nancy Bartol

Ways we can promote CEN and the Research

Post by Nancy Bartol » Tue Apr 04, 2000 6:57 am

My vet told me that he�s so busy with his
practice that he has little time for the internet and relies on his clients to provide him with internet information.

With that in mind, I�ve copied several of the
articles from the CEN site, secured them in
a really colorful presentation folder, and will be distributing these folders to vets that I know.

The bright folder will be much easier
To spot on a desk that may be overflowing with paperwork!

Nancy

Liz Hansen
Site Admin

Post by Liz Hansen » Tue Apr 04, 2000 8:52 am

Great idea, Nancy! Most vets see at least a few (some see many) epileptic patients, and may be interested in the site. Hopefully they will also encourage their clients to participate in the research. Also, every vet I know is BUSY, so making it easy for them to take a quick look at the information is a real bonus!

Thanks Nancy!
Liz

Nancy Bartol

Post by Nancy Bartol » Wed May 17, 2000 7:19 pm

A few other ways to promote the study: Clubs, groups or individuals can do mailings to breeders, owners and club members, supplying info on the study along with submission forms.

A great idea from Liz: since spring is traditionally vet check time, this is an ideal time for our dogs to have a blood sample collected for the study. We've just completed a postcard mailing to 150 Chinook owners, tying in the spring vet check with sampling.

Nancy