Epilepsy presentations at National Specialties

Would you like to see your club more involved in making members aware of epilepsy in your breed? Has your club done a good job on a health survey, or awareness campaign? Any novel fundraisers or other activities by your club? Please share what you would like to see your clubs do, and the things that clubs are already doing that have worked.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Liz Hansen
Site Admin

Epilepsy presentations at National Specialties

Post by Liz Hansen » Thu Feb 15, 2001 3:52 pm

Researchers from the Canine Epilepsy Research Consortium will be speaking at quite a few upcoming National Specialties. If you have one of these breeds, or are in the vicinity, you may want to attend!

Currently scheduled:
April 7 - Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America - Wichita, KS
May 11 - St Bernard Club of America - College Corner, OH (near Cincinnati)
June 19 - Irish Setter Club of America - Lancaster, PA
Sept 19 - Standard Schnauzer Club of America - Eureka, MO

There are a couple others pending - check back here for additional events to be added!

Liz Hansen
Site Admin

Post by Liz Hansen » Mon Feb 19, 2001 1:54 pm

One more has been confirmed:
May 30 - Irish Water Spaniel Club of America - Gray Summit, MO

jcbrit

Post by jcbrit » Fri Nov 09, 2001 11:47 am

How can we get a presentation at our national specialty show for Brittanys?

Liz Hansen
Site Admin

Post by Liz Hansen » Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:58 am

To arrange for a presentation on epilepsy at a National Specialty or other gathering of dog fanciers, please contact me (Liz Hansen) at HansenL@missouri.edu . Let me know the date and location of the event, and what you'd like to hear about (primarily clinical, primarily research, or an overview), and I will check to see who may be available to speak to your group. Dr O'Brien, Dr Patterson, and I have been the most frequent presenters, though others have also done them as well.

We do have some presentations already booked for 2002, so if your club is interested, please contact me as soon as possible so that we can work you into the schedule!

Thanks,
Liz