Local awareness

Would you like to see your club more involved in making members aware of epilepsy in your breed? Has your club done a good job on a health survey, or awareness campaign? Any novel fundraisers or other activities by your club? Please share what you would like to see your clubs do, and the things that clubs are already doing that have worked.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Dougie

Local awareness

Post by Dougie » Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:22 pm

Orkney, Scotland, UK

I live near a small village in a farming area, where epileptic dogs (or any sick dog, for that matter) tends to get shot. In an attemot to counter this, I have designed a small poster for display in the local shops' windows. It directs people to their veterinarian and to this website. If anyone wants a copy for printing and displaying in their area, I am doing a version for the USA, so feel free to e-mail me for the file. It's not too sophisticated, but it gets the point across! As an added attraction, it has a picture of my epileptic collie, Snorri, on it - how can you resist <GG>

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:57 am

Orkney, Scotland, UK

Glad to say that ALL my local shops are displaying the flyer now - they were all very pleased to help.

The version for use outside my area is ready now, and it's FREE <ggg>