Need a little help in some searching...

Would you like to see your club more involved in making members aware of epilepsy in your breed? Has your club done a good job on a health survey, or awareness campaign? Any novel fundraisers or other activities by your club? Please share what you would like to see your clubs do, and the things that clubs are already doing that have worked.

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

Tami

Need a little help in some searching...

Post by Tami » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:03 pm

We have to put our "baby" down tomorrow, because is epilespy has progessed beyond the point that drugs are managing well anymore. Although this is VERY upsetting to us, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to look to see about donating his remains for research in our area in the hopes that is may help find better treatments for other canine epilepsy suffering families. Any help would me much appreciated :)
A very sad "mommy"

Dad_2_Brady

Post by Dad_2_Brady » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:54 pm

Wish I had the info you need. But, I do know the pain of having to put down a family member with epilepsy. It's one of the hardest things I've even done.

I hope others can provide research suggestions. That's an option I never thought about but would gladly have done.

Tami

Post by Tami » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:45 am

Thanks for the support, but it seems that all the research work is being done on purebreds. It is ok, it was one of the hardest decision I have ever had to make, but I just keep reminding myself that he is better off for it :) Thank you for the support though, I really appreciate it.

t6849tw

Post by t6849tw » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:47 pm

Michigan State University specializes in Vet Education. MSU might be able to point you in the right direction. I am very sorry for your loss :,(