photo gallery

What additions to CEN would you like to see?

Moderators: Box40Rin, Liz Hansen

susie

photo gallery

Post by susie » Fri May 05, 2006 3:34 pm

I have added a photo to my sig (not sure if its allowed) but I think it would be nice to have a gallery so that we can share our babes :)
So beautiful on the outside so broken within....
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/arcazy6/beautifullbb.jpg[/img]

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Fri May 05, 2006 10:13 pm

Susie,
I think it is a wonderful idea to share pictures of those we love. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your pup. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Here is a picture of my epi Casey. He turned 2 years old on Wed. and on May 10th it will be 1 year of trying to get control of his seizures.
Debbie

susie

Post by susie » Sat May 06, 2006 2:09 am

hello Casey what a stunner you are :)
So beautiful on the outside so broken within....
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/arcazy6/beautifullbb.jpg[/img]

sammysmom

Post by sammysmom » Mon May 08, 2006 2:26 pm

Here's a few of my handsome boy..............: )
R.I.P Samson
April 10, 2003 ~ July 24, 2006

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Mon May 08, 2006 8:38 pm

Hi Emily and Susie,
Just wanted to say what sweeties you both have and see how things are going today. I hope Bobbi-Bella is doing bettter Susie, and Emily, I see that Sam is on a winning streak, no seizures since Jan. That is great! Casey went 53 days this last time and the count down is on again. We recently went away for a weeks vacation and he did really well being boarded. I thought about him the whole week and called just about every day to check on him, but he and Callie were together so that probably kept him calmed down. I think the pictures are great and helps others know who we are talking about. Let's see some more from the rest of the group, ok?
Everyone have a great evening and wishing all seizure free days and nights.
Debbie
Casey-epi since 05/10/05 last seizure 04/22/06 and his non epi sister Callie

MK's mom

Post by MK's mom » Tue May 09, 2006 6:48 am

How are you posting the pics?

sammysmom

Post by sammysmom » Tue May 09, 2006 8:54 am

copy the link from wherever your pic is

type this

[img]insert%20link%20here[/img]

that should work...........
R.I.P Samson

sammysmom

Post by sammysmom » Tue May 09, 2006 8:58 am

Thanks Debbie. We are on a great streak (knock on wood) this Friday will be 4 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are having a happy and healthy spring and walking and playing and having a great time.

I attest his success to two things:
~the combination of PB & Kbr
~me getting on some anti-anxiety meds

I work in a high stress job (stock trading) and I am go go go the entire time at work and that in combination with all Sam's issues really about sent me over the edge. My doctor gave me some medicine and I feel great and I honestly think Sam was reading my stress and anxiety and once I calmed down we have both been doing great!!!!!!!!!

I hope other dogs can find the same happiness and seizure free times!!! : )
R.I.P Samson

skrpio

Post by skrpio » Tue May 09, 2006 1:42 pm

Your dogs are all soooooo lovely. Hoping to get KiKi's pic up as soon as I can figure out how to do it.
Yes -- We need more pictures of these wonderful dogs.
Jane
In loving memory of my special KiKi Bean
Seizure free forever now
Nov 25th 2002 - Nov 1st 2006
Dogue De Bordeaux

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Tue May 09, 2006 9:39 pm

Emily,
I am so happy for you and so glad that Sammy has done so well. Tonight we had someone knock on our dog and we hardly ever have company. Casey got out and decided freedom was really nice. I'm in panic mode calling him to come back and he is off like the wind. Scared me to death. I ran back into the house and grabbed his leash and then went after him. He finally came back, because he loves to takes walks, but I was terrified he would get to far away and I know he wouldn't come back. I swear he was trying to give me a heart attack!!!!!!! I could have used some anixiety pills at that point!!!!!!!! Anyway, he is safe in the house and I'm going to keep him away from the front door. Please take care and best wishes for the lucky streak to continue a long time. I think the KBr and PB combo has made a difference for Casey also. I did get some rectal valium for him though, the last ones were really bad. Hope I don't have to use it though.
Debbie
http://www.zippyvideos.com/324326339118 ... _casey_15/

please check out the video I made on Casey and Callie last year. Did pretty good for my first one.

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Sat May 13, 2006 9:34 am

Hi everyone,
Here is the brief history with photo. My name is Debbie and I live in KY. Callie joined our lives at 9 weeks of age in June 04 and is a miniature austrailian shepherd. Never owning 2 dogs at a time, we decided she might like a playmate, so we went back to the breeder about 8 weeks later and let her "pick out" a friend. She chose a pup we named Casey who is Callie's half brother. (same father, different mothers) All went well, Callie and Casey get along great. The following summer 05' all heck broke lose when we discoverd both Callie and Casey had hip dysplasia and needed hip surgeries. While rehabing from surgeries Casey started having seizures. He has been thru so much at such a young age (he had just turned one) that on good days I just love to watch he and Callie run and play in the yard with one another. Casey has grand mals, anywhere from 2-6 in a 24 hrs. period, but we are getting better control. He is on PB and KBr which has made a difference as far as controlling the seizures as well as the time in between. Casey just had his 2nd birthday on May 3rd. and it has been 1 year since the seizures started. It had been a long battle but everyones support has helped us tremendously. That's Casey's story as we take it "one day at a time"
Casey is on the right, Callie is on the left.
Debbie

mefis

My two friends

Post by mefis » Tue May 23, 2006 5:43 am

Hi my friends

Here you have a pic of my two demonds. You can see my epi st. bernard and his friend.

And here, my epi dog with my doughter

We have 1,5 month without any seizure.

Best regards.

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Tue May 23, 2006 7:58 pm

Hi Mefis,
Your pups and your daughter are beautiful. Your baby looks so tiny compared to your St. Bernard. I know they are really big. We had a St. Bernard when I was in my early teens. We adopted her from the pound. I'm afraid she had some issues though. She really hated men, but my folks think whoever had her before us, must have abused her. She was really good with us kids though. I'm glad to hear your dog is doing well.
Thank you for sharing with us. Please keep us posted and share more pictures with us.
Debbie
Casey epi since 05/10/05 and Callie his non epi sister.

Finndog

Post by Finndog » Wed May 31, 2006 9:21 am

Well, I think you are looking at a picture of Finn taken about 5 years ago hiking Maine. I will get a more recent one to post. He's become a bit gray with age and all the stress.

this one is the day I adpoted him 10-13-00 a lucky day!. You can see how thin he was. Poor boy!

last one! the day we met! 10-5-00 Any guess's on how old? We were told anything between 1-2 y/o

Last edited by Finndog on Wed May 31, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finn, Irish setter
First Seizure 2/2/05
Last Seizure, 10/27/06
Lost my boy on 12/10/08

lovemypups

Post by lovemypups » Wed May 31, 2006 11:45 am

Hi Finndog,
Finn is so lucky to have found you. Poor thing was so horribly skinny when you were blessed with bringing him to your home. Aren't we lucky owners to have such wonderful pups who bring us such joy! I'm glad you were able to post your pictures. Does anyone know what happened to Susie, she was here and never heard from again. Hope all is well with Finn and if anyone is checking out the pictures, please post your pets so we can meet your special furkids. Great pictures finndog.
Take care.
Debbie
Angel Casey
05/03/04-10/24/07
and his non epi sister Callie